Around Grandfather Fire
Discussions about spirituality, mythology, animism, and culture around a virtual sacred fire. Hosted by Caitlin Stormbreaker, Sarenth Odinsson and Jim TwoSnakes.
Also Available on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, Amazon Music, and more! So much of Heathenry seems focused on Germanic society, what if there was a form of Heathenry that had a broader European outlook? It was a fitting night as snow raged in North America for us to be joined by our guest Snow…
Also Available on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, Amazon Music, and more! A TikTok friend of Jim’s and Jewish occultist Richard Kamerman joins us to chat about the Kabbalah, reincarnation, cooking, and more! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPGchXr7dPQ Richard is drunk_on_decay on TikTok, and @rfkorp on Twitter and Insta — Copyright 2022 — Our Patreon https://www.patreon.com/aroundgrandfatherfire Our Buy Me…
Also Available on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, Amazon Music, and more! Phyllis Curott joins us for this very special episode which became a Rock The Vote episode as well! Buy her new book at https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/60256642-spells-for-living-well. Her website: https://www.phylliscurott.com/ BONUS! Phyllis has provided us with a link where you can get a free step-by-step spellcasting…
Caitlin Storm Breaker
Caitlin started with practicing yoga, dabbled in first nations studies, blended in Norse practices and finally landed firmly in the tradition that has come to us from high in the Andean Mountains. She been a practicing Paq’o for approximately 6 years.
Jim Two Snakes
Jim is an initiate of the traditions of the Q’ero, the descendants of the Inca, who live in one of the most remote places in the Peruvian Andes. For over two decades has Jim studied and practiced how these ancient mountain traditions are reflected in the deep cold waters of the Great Lakes.
Sarenth is a Heathen, goði of Mimirsbrunnr Kindred, a Heathen spirit worker and priest of Odin and Anubis. Odin is his Father, and his patron god. Sarenth serves the polytheist and Pagan communities as a shaman, priest, writer, spiritual counselor, and diviner.
Help us make the show
Sign up for our Patreon! Get shout outs, a listing in our show credits, and other benefits!
Organic Cotton Tee
Support the podcast with items from RedBubble.
Get in touch
Have something you want us to discuss on the podcast?
Use the hashtag #aroundgrandfatherfire on Twitter or send a message from the contact form.
Stay in Touch
Get every new episode delivered to your inbox.
Follow us on:
Join our amazing
The Latest From Caitlin
- I’ve been going through it. Whatever “it” is has been clinging to me heavily for a while now. I mean, the whole kit and kaboodle from questioning my faith/chosen path, to questioning myself and morals and whether or not I should keep on keeping on, to wondering why I even bother anymore. Why try? Why […]
- This was prompted by a Facebook post I saw today and I thought it was an interesting topic. In the pagan sphere of the world, we talk about spiritual awakenings and how wonderful and amazing and vital they are to your path. But we never talk about what a spiritual awakening is and the trauma […]
The Latest From Jim
- Sorry to have been gone so long, I have been making changes and trying to decide what comments to make about them. Many aspects of my practice are under review as I try to sort out what it is I … Continue reading →
- I know Sarenth wrote about this not so long ago, but I have avoided reading it until after I finished this post. I want to see what similarities and differences we have in this material. I’m sure his will be, … Continue reading →
The Latest From Sarenth
- If you want to submit a request for a prayer, poem, or song to be written to you privately or to be posted on this blog or my Patreon for a God, Ancestor, or spirit, sign up for the Ansuz and above level here on my Patreon. This request was made by Maleck for Angrboða. […]
- Joy-thief Devourer of delight Glad-foe Curled at the base of my neck Coiled in my guts Gnawing at my heart Remove your fangs, adder! Let your poison course from me! Let me be heil, let me be heil, let me be heil! Ever-hungry Feeder of fear Heart-render Tightening my limbs Twisting my bones Hammering my […]